Magal understands the changing landscape of the automotive industry, and we are always open to establishing new relationships with suppliers who can add value to our partnerships. Some of the things Magal looks for in a strategic supplier include:
- Certification to the latest ISO/TS requirements.
- Successful financial and operational reviews on an ongoing basis.
- Commitment to commodity cost models, where established.
- Ability to support operations on a global basis.
- A culture of ongoing innovation and continuous improvement.
- Magal Global Working Conditions.
Recognising that our supply chain spans many different regions around the world, Magal is committed to maintaining global working conditions and standards that result in dignified and respectful treatment of all employees within all our operating locations, as well as those of our supply chain. It is therefore Magal’s expectation that our suppliers will have appropriate policies, procedures and systems in place, to support the following standards:
- Child labour shall not be utilised. Underage labour, as defined by local labour law, will not be utilised unless it is part of a government approved training or an apprenticeship program that clearly benefits the participants.
- Any form of forced or compulsory labour is prohibited.
- Workers, without fear of reprisal, intimidation or harassment should be able to communicate openly with management regarding working conditions. They shall also have the right to associate freely and join labour unions and workers’ councils in accordance with local laws.
- Workers shall be protected against any form of harassment and discrimination, including but not limited to gender, sex, age, religion, disability and political beliefs.
- Workers shall have a safe and healthy workplace that meets or exceeds all applicable standards for occupational health and safety.
- Workers shall be compensated with wages and benefits that are competitive and comply with local law, including minimum wages, overtime hours and legally mandated benefits.
- Working hours shall comply with all applicable local laws regulating hours of work.
- It is our expectation that all our suppliers will maintain these global working conditions in all their operations, while also promoting adoption of these principles with their own suppliers.
Please click here to view our Code of Ethics and Conduct